The Planted Tank Forum banner

Micro-Sword Question

1714 6
Hello All,
First post on this website!!! YAY! So I am having some difficultly with my Micro-Sword plants. They barely grow. I have had them for about 4 months now and I havent seen any growth in them at all. They are a very dark green. I have cabombas carolinas and they have been growing quite well. I know that there could be things that I could do to better my tank but I havent had the money lately to do much. I use a weekly liquid fertilizer, flourish and weekly, 1/4 tank water changes. But I dont do much to buffer the water besides let it sit in their 5 gallon jugs for a week. Also, I put some supplement tabs in the gravel two months ago. My gravel is sand on the bottom, eco-complete in the middle and flourite on top. My lighting isnt the best but I am looking to have it be the next to be upgraded to a HO fixture.

Tell me what you think guys!
Thanks a bunch,
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think that they are dead and need to be replaced?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Micro Sword is one of the slowest, if not the slowest, growing plant in my tank.

If its been 4 months and it is still green, it should be good. Do you have it spaced out? I put 3-4 grouped sprouts in a checkerboard pattern about 2-3 inches apart. Its been 3 months and it is just now starting to grow in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. They are green but I guess I just need to be more patient. Perhaps some light pruning.

Again, I plan on upgrading my light to a HO fixture. I do have a pressurized C02 system. SO i guess once the light picks up the slack then it will be good.

Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.