The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 microcrabs in my heavily planted 10G. They share the same space every night. Could it be that I have a male and a female? Or are they just really peaceful? Also, my stocking is about 20 shrimp, 8 chili rasboras, 2 otos, 2 micro crabs, and 1 nerite snail. Could I possibly add any more microcrabs? Or am I fully stocked? Thanks!!!!:red_mouth

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont think a couple more micro crabs would hurt. i have a lot that hang out on my filter on the same place.
Awesome! Maybe 1 or 2 more? Also, what should I feed them? They have no interest in shrimp pellets and I'm going to get algea wafers tomorrow so I'll try that in the time being. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
They will hang out at the base of plants or on filters grazing. They are not the type of critter to generally go after food. If the tank is mature and planted, its likely they are finding enough to graze on.
I feed mine the gel foods, but also have fed soft sinking pellets to them as well as crushed flake (in moderation).
They really are that peaceful, completely non-threatening.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Would they do okay in a iwagumi tank? Hopefully I can position the rocks so there's some spots for hiding. It will just be a carpet of HC and maybe a few dhg. Thanks :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would they do okay in a iwagumi tank? Hopefully I can position the rocks so there's some spots for hiding. It will just be a carpet of HC and maybe a few dhg. Thanks :)
Haha I don't see why not! They aren't really active in the day time though:/

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your tank is what people would call "under populated" Hehe
My nano 5g is already exceed 100 shrimps
Trust me...........I know!!! Haha I ordered some more RCS and now have about 50 or so:) they are sooo slow at breeding for me:(

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
will the chili rasboras snack on the crabs/baby shrimo?
I've seen my rasbora school swim over shrimplets many many times, but it definitely is possible. Micro crabs are extremely hard to raise, but im not sure if they would snack on them

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
will the chili rasboras snack on the crabs/baby shrimo?
Not sure about chili rasboras, but mosquito rasboras can snack on baby shrimp only if they swim right in front of it. The mosquito rasboras in my tank will eat with the juvi/adult shrimp without ever bothering them.

·
Registered
483 Posts
When I had them I observed on several occasions the crab would march up to a blackworm sticking up out of the substrate and snip the end off of it and beat feet for a secluded spot to enjoy his/her prize.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I had them I observed on several occasions the crab would march up to a blackworm sticking up out of the substrate and snip the end off of it and beat feet for a secluded spot to enjoy his/her prize.
Haha that's pretty cool! I've seen them run for their lives too lol it's pretty funny because they're so awkward haha

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I added one more, do you think there would be a shortage of food? Here's my stocking list

7 chili Rasboras
50 RCS
MTS
Some Ramshorn snails
2 microcrabs
2 nerites

1 - 16 of 16 Posts