The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
That's a thing? Too much oxygen? Oh my.

I'm wondering if the black widow tetras are attacking the Molly....

I'm looking up oxygen poisoning
It's rare, but does happen. A fight is possible as well. If other fish start getting bulging lips and eyes, almost overnight, then oxygen could be to blame. Did you just do a water change?
Here is a good article on supersaturation. http://www.fondriest.com/environmental-measurements/parameters/water-quality/dissolved-oxygen/#6

·
Registered
17 Posts
I apparently have an extremely dry house so therefore I am constantly finding I need to add like 1 to 2 gallons of water to my hundred and twenty five gallon tank each day. I haven't seen really any other fish with the weird thick lip look so I'm not sure it's a widespread thing yet. I started the tank on 423 with just a few fish. I've had to learn a lot in a short. Of time since I've never had this big of a tank. I'm also learning that some of the community fish are not exactly team players

I currently have two filters running. One is a sponge filter. The other is an aqua clear power filter. Both add bubbles to the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
I can't say what it is, but I can say that it's EXTREMELY unlikely that your tank is supersaturated with oxygen. If that was somehow possible, then likely all the fish would be exhibiting symptoms.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Do some research on a lip fibroma. My spelling may be just a little off. Happens with Angelfish every so often. No cure. I've seen pictures of people cutting them off if big enough but they grow back.

Could also just be that the jaw locked in place after a tussle with another fish. Hard to judge from the photo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.