The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some of you know I went through with MGOPS in one of my tanks that's capped with Flourite Black Sand that came from an established tank. The tank was doing well for over a week with slight cloudiness and now, without stirring anything up, the water has a reddish/white cloudiness to it.

Anyone using MGOPS run into this? I know a cloudy phase hits, but I'm not sure how long it's going to be around. The plants are doing great, but this cloudiness is aesthetically bothersome. If it will only last a few weeks to a month, I'll just deal and cut out doing daily 30-40% water changes.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
So far I've done two tanks with MGOCPM. No cloudiness or anything on the first one.

The second one, I had some haze-like cloudiness for a few days, about the first week of my fishless cycle. I'm assuming it was some sort of bacterial bloom or something, but not sure, and it spontaneously went away.

I do get some tannin leaching, but I can't say whether it's mostly from the MGOCPM, mostly from the driftwood, or about equal from both sources. Purigen does wonders for that, though.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked up some Water Hyacinth and Water Lettuce for one of my troughs I'll be working on this week. There was a daughter plant on the Hyacinth and one of the Water Lettuce's was small enough to fit. Going to keep them in there to assist with any excessive nutrients in the water column to see if it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.