The Planted Tank Forum banner

metricide 14 dosing

1558 5
Alot of people do daily dosing.. I have only ever added a bit of ferts into the water change bucket.. and eased them in that way..

I just got a 55G drum as my pre-water change reservoir which will be used to do water changes in a number of tank (shrimp and community/fry tanks)

How much metricide 14 woudl you recommended dumping into the 55G tank on each fill (as ferts for the other tank)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
12,174 Posts
Why not use the same concentration that you have been using thus far?

Also, I am a little confused; are you looking for an appropriate fertilizer dosage, or an appropriate glutaraldehyde dosage?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was using nutra fin plant gro previously. I added about half the recommended dose to the water chance bucket ever once in a while

Metricide 14 has the same ingredients as excel its just stronger. I guess I'll just half the excel does and pop it into the water change barrel when I fill it up an see how it goes :)

·
Administrator
12,174 Posts
Another way to calculate it is to use some basic algebra.

The concentration of glutaraldehyde in Metricide 14 is 2.6%. In Excel, it is 1.5%.

You can figure out the correct dilution to make using m1v1 = m2v2

where m = concentration and v = volume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.