The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, one of my female guppies has been showing signs of Gill Flukes or a similar parasite (eg: scratching on gravel, erratic behaviour) I'm planning on giving her a dose of Methyl Blue to treat the problem but I'm worried about the rest of my tank (a 30gal, with 2 adult female guppies and a few Fry's whom I didn't seperate, multiple mystery snails and very planted). I considered placing her in a quarintine tank but according to google if it is gill flukes I'll need to treat the whole tank. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Is it going to kill my plants and snails? Should I mentally prepare myself for the deaths of my animals :(
I think I read it's well tolerated, but I would search on line then decide. I know 10ml 3% hydrogen peroxide to 1 gallon of water will kill most parasites on plants. Soak for no more than 10 minutes. So you could pull the plants and keep them separate while treating. After treatment, dip the plants and replace.

Edit: I have used PraziPro with all, fish, shrimp snails and plants with no ill effect. FYI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I read it's well tolerated, but I would search on line then decide. I know 10ml 3% hydrogen peroxide to 1 gallon of water will kill most parasites on plants. Soak for no more than 10 minutes. So you could pull the plants and keep them separate while treating. After treatment, dip the plants and replace.

Edit: I have used PraziPro with all, fish, shrimp snails and plants with no ill effect. FYI.
Thank you! Im going to try it out today :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts