The Planted Tank Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in Method's aquarium class, and am answering Mr./Ms. Ssyd's question. My favorite plant in my tank would have to be the Japanese pennywort. They are such beautiful plants and they remind me of lily pads.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I suppose I'm going to have to offer a RAOK when I hit post number 500. What do you all think: Red Root Floaters, Dwarf Sag, and Japanese Pennywort from my personal stock; or something original from the class?

·
Registered
455 Posts
After reading thru this thread I have come to the conclusion that this is awesome. Method, you have my utmost respect. You are a true role model to these kids. Not only are you teaching them, you are giving them an experience that will stay with them for a lifetime.
To the class I want to say, all of you have shown great promise. Your tanks are an inspiration. your imaginations are fresh and exciting. I love what you have done so far and I will look forward to watching your progress. Great job class !!!!!!!! Keep on tanking !!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am answering Ssyd's question.

My favorite plant so far is Water Wisteria. The plant is very pretty with a bit of a mythical look. Also, I think it's really cool that it has snowflake-like leaves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you Doogy 262 for your donation of Crypt Wendtii, Ludwigia, and Red Sagittaria! These plants have helped our tanks progress beautifully!

Reactions: ibebian

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
All quiet during spring break.

Left side of the classroom:

Back of the classroom:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Thank you Doogy 262 for your donation of Crypt Wendtii, Ludwigia, and Red Sagittaria! These plants have helped our tanks progress beautifully!
My pleasure only wish we had this when I was in school back when we walked 2 miles through snow and rain to get to school lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Milwaukee Instruments donated us a regulator! If we can find a CO2 tank then one (or a few) of our tanks are in business! Stay tuned!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Be careful, Milwaukee regulators are awful and will do a end of tank dump. It will release all the co2 left in the co2 tank and kill everything. Just an fyi

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I've gotten very behind with school and life, but I'm catching up. One of the things that I've wanted to do for a while is to send a big THANK YOU to all of the people who we've never met but have nonetheless taken an interest in our class. My students and I feel a very special form of gratitude for the TPT members who have donated things to our class. In no particular order I would like to acknowledge @longgonedaddy, @thedudeabides, @MarylandGuppy, @Doogy262, @ibebian, @Bushkill, @miataisalwaystheanswer, @RWaters, @Oceangirl, @thedood, @ctross09, @jkrohn, @randym, @shrimpo, @GreenTank1, @perlguy, @frog111, @desteoh, @cjubert, and @cindygao0217. You guys rock!

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
Be careful, Milwaukee regulators are awful and will do a end of tank dump. It will release all the co2 left in the co2 tank and kill everything. Just an fyi
If that was true there would be a person on here every day saying they had an EOTD. Do you have any idea how many of these are being used? It might not have the best needle valve, but they don't EOTD more than any other single stage regulator, which is pretty much never.

Other than adjusting the working pressure and needle valve initially they work fine. I've used them for over 10 years without any major issue.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #114

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone, so our tank is going great. Everyone is excited about the new plants and fish coming in. We are becoming very successful, but we have a long way to go. We have also gained new plants, such as, Ludwigia and Anacharis plants.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well I finally made it to the end and I want to say, outstanding job to both you and your students. I would donate if I could but as I live outside of the US, plant clippings aren't the easiest to ship.

Just one bit of advice, @Method, could you get your students to add a line in their signature indicating that they are in your class and have them place the link to this journal there as well. I think that will go a long way in helping us identify them and relate better, while respecting their youth.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Well I finally made it to the end and I want to say, outstanding job to both you and your students. I would donate if I could but as I live outside of the US, plant clippings aren't the easiest to ship.

Just one bit of advice, @Method, could you get your students to add a line in their signature indicating that they are in your class and have them place the link to this journal there as well. I think that will go a long way in helping us identify them and relate better, while respecting their youth.

Keep up the good work.
That is a FANTASTIC idea. We will do just that. Thanks!

101 - 120 of 124 Posts