The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently in one of the most exciting electives ever, aquarium! My groups' tank is fully cycled and our nitrate, phosphate, and ammonia levels are looking good. We have three species of fish. Tetra, Sunburst Platy, and Guppies. As of today we have, Java Moss, Ludwigia, a piece of hardscape wood, (tilted slightly to the right leaning on the glass), and Java fern. One of our three Guppies just had two offspring, one didn't make it through birth, (one of the tetra gulped it down ) . I planted more plants so the remaining guppy has more places to hide. I really would like to have a bigger library of plants and fish/snails. The more the merrier!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Since this is a short term project, you need fast growing plants. I would look into wisteria, water sprite, anachris, guppy grass, floaters (dwarf water lettuce, frogbit, red root floaters), and cabomba.

None of those are light intensive and will grow well in almost all situations.

Ben

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
@bossman62 Glad to hear you like the class. I just sent you guys a package of plants. I sent you a big wad of peacock moss and I mean big, like a half a quart, a bunch of java fern, a ton of dwarf sag mixed with some other blade plants, and a runner with a handful of Vesuvius sword plants. You should have it tomorrow. The plants will have snails most likely and it is possible you will end up with a population of scuds as well. I hope you enjoy learning about them as much as I have. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I also sent a package that should have arrived today. Unfiortunately, the first box I sent was lost last week. You'll have Java Ferns, an Anubias, Rotala rotundafolia, Hornwort, Subwassertang,Dwarf Water Lettuce, magazines and two books.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all! I got all of your generous donations, and it helped improve my tanks appeal to the eye. I am trying to get as much plants as possible so my red cherry shrimp can hide in them and not be eaten by my Sunburst Platy's and Tetras.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question of CO2

Hi everyone,

Just checking again. Does anybody know how to properly add CO2 to a freshwater to a 10 gallon tank?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts