The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Shrimpmas Merry Shrimpmas, Merry Shrimpmas to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Got my Xmas gifts to myself today. A batch of CRS, CBS, and Goldens (2 regular 1 with headgear) from Speedie (and an OEBT not pictured). I already had 5 A grade CRS in there (which will come out when I get my other tank rescaped). But I got 15 new skrimpies today!!! YAY!

CRAPPY photos...man, I've got to use my better macro lens...it's so heavy and I'm so lazy. Uggh. Check out the awesome red legged CRS I got! WOOT! First pic is of the concoction that was my 3 hour drip in:) Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got an airline kit from Pet Mountain for like $2. Basically came with 4 control valves and 4 two way splitters. REAL convenient since that's not what I got them for. LOL! I just started the suction on the airline, dialed down and set my drip for however fast or slow I wanted it. For all these guys I think I was on 1.5 drips per second, something like that. For the neos I do a faster drip since they are a bit tougher.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got an airline kit from Pet Mountain for like $2. Basically came with 4 control valves and 4 two way splitters. REAL convenient since that's not what I got them for. LOL! I just started the suction on the airline, dialed down and set my drip for however fast or slow I wanted it. For all these guys I think I was on 1.5 drips per second, something like that. For the neos I do a faster drip since they are a bit tougher.
thanks for the reply! looks like a great solution for doing drip acclimation.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's a 3 gallon ummm...like a Kritter Keeper but it's a different brand. Got it at Petsmart. It's got a nice footprint at 12x7. I just tore one of them down that I had PFRs/CRS in and there were over 200 PFRs in there (only 10 adults, the rest babies, juvies and subadults) and more mommas berried. So there's more room in there then one would think. This tank is going to be used mostly for selective breeding. I'm resetting up my 12g long to get it ready for other projects and the 'culls' will go over there for that project:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts