The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to leak test my tank and after that I will be getting the rest of what I need to setup hopefully with one order. I was wondering what a couple of good meds would be to have on hand just incase, I was thinking about Pimafix and Melafix. I have been keeping fish for over 35 years but the last 15 or so have been mainly SW Reefs so unsure of what meds to have on hand and I will be quaretining all fish before adding to my display but if I need to treat the display I dont know what meds will be ok for a planted tank. I am not sure if this helps but my stocking will be Angels, Bleeding Heart Tetras, Bristle Nose Plecos and Cories Cats. Thanks for any help everybody can give me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I too keep Melafix, Pimafix. These 2 items have served me very well over the years with the few problems I have had.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I'd also keep a UV filter on hand. At least a submersible one, like the green killing machine they sell at Petsmarts. In many cases these are preferable to meds, at least as a first option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.