The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to medicate snails which I want to add to my tank in a quarantine tank to 'clean' them, and with what medications?

I know snails can harbour and act as hosts to a number of pathogens and parasites, and I'd like to make sure they aren't carrying anything like that into my tank. I've quarantined and medicated my fish and plants for a few weeks comprehensively with Jungle Fizz tabs prior to adding them, so I don't want to ruin that now by adding 'dirty' snails...

But as snails are invertebrates as well, I'm guessing they might be equally sensitive to any medications as the pathogens which I'd be trying to treat by medicating? It would be Apple, Nerite, and Malaysian Trumpet Snails which I'd be looking to add to my tank.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great! The applesnail forum seemed to have quite a few snail safe medications that could be used to clean and disinfect them. Makes me wonder how effective they are at treating whatever parasites might be carried within the snails however, if it doesn't harm snails though!...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.