The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I've had this 5gal fluval chi sitting around empty for awhile. I had similar setup a couple years ago with glosso. This time I had micro chain swords laying around. So i figured i would try DSM with it.

Day 1
[/URL

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't remember the name of them. I found them years ago at a stoneyard near me. And they were dirt cheap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe somebody else will know. That said I never thought of going to a stoneyard to get some various rocks... Almost seems like - common sense...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been thinking of going back for some more i will try to get the name then. Yeah just make sure there aquarium safe. I think these were around .50 cents a pound i think. I remember having a large box full for under $20

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinking of adding a taller plant behind the largest rock any suggestions? Or should i just keep it all micro chain swords?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Keep it all chain sword if you're going for that "look" because if you start adding other plants it won't look like the clean setups you see. Which is fine, do what you like, it just doesn't look like that's what your intention was by looking at the rock placement.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I could never grow micro chain swords in my tank. carpet was take over by monte carlo which cover the micro sword (slow at growing).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts