The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Mazzei's work well, sometimes.... I have used them many times before. The loops look like this kinda. This is a small one.

The problem with these is that get clogged very quickly, this leads to poor co2 levels then an onslaught of other issues to follow. I find needle wheel pumps to be much more effective without all the hassle of plumbing work as well.

Regards,
Orlando

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
That's a lot of plumbing work that can go awry.
If you are not very handy I suppose so, but then again, a high pressure pump, canister filter, all in line stuff etc....are not a good ideas if you cannot pull this off above. Never had one leak myself, but I've done plumbing on aquariums and done lot over decades also.

Still, if you can handle having something in the tank or a tube coming in/out, needle wheel does a pretty good job and uses less energy and can be applied to both massive and tiny tanks with reasonable trade offs.

If you use a sump, then you have easy to install options using this, needle wheel, impeller fed/disc fed into the impeller etc that does not have any mist effect inside the main tank, or it can be done so the line comes in faster and mist is added(I tend to just add a disc in the tank and do say 80% CO2 into 100% dissolved state).

Plenty of options.
You can also soft hose plumb the above as well(I do for many applications, easier to jostle things in/out, wedge things into place, change them around etc)

Mist is pretty effective to localized targeting of a suspected CO2 deficient plant/groups etc, easy to see and follow the flow etc.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
If you are not very handy I suppose so, but then again, a high pressure pump, canister filter, all in line stuff etc....are not a good ideas if you cannot pull this off above. Never had one leak myself, but I've done plumbing on aquariums and done lot over decades also.

Still, if you can handle having something in the tank or a tube coming in/out, needle wheel does a pretty good job and uses less energy and can be applied to both massive and tiny tanks with reasonable trade offs.

If you use a sump, then you have easy to install options using this, needle wheel, impeller fed/disc fed into the impeller etc that does not have any mist effect inside the main tank, or it can be done so the line comes in faster and mist is added(I tend to just add a disc in the tank and do say 80% CO2 into 100% dissolved state).

Plenty of options.
You can also soft hose plumb the above as well(I do for many applications, easier to jostle things in/out, wedge things into place, change them around etc)

Mist is pretty effective to localized targeting of a suspected CO2 deficient plant/groups etc, easy to see and follow the flow etc.

Regards,
Tom Barr

:proud::proud:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.