The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone. Haven't posted here in a while, had a move and a change of jobs that has me working 6 days a week so I have been incredibly busy for a few months. Which brings me to my question. I have some Corydoras Habrosus in my tank that are looking a bit strange. When I look at them it seems as though some of them have very pronounced round bellies and are noticeably pale. Given my new schedule I haven't been able to observe them as much as I should have but when I feed them in the mornings and check them out throughout the day on my breaks I do like to check them out. The thing that is giving me some hesitation is that I don't really notice anything abnormal in their behavior and I don't seem to have lost any since the move. These "symptoms" are something I've noticed basically since the move and have been keeping an eye on but there have been no changes.

I will note that the move was very stressful on the fish and I did lose a few during the moving process. Which makes me think stress might have triggered some sort of reaction in the survivors or a susceptibility to something. Honestly, for all I know they are completely normal and seeing as these are my first corydoras and I do err on the side of being a worrywart. Attached are some pictures (they aren't very good but they hide very well and getting a good picture is pretty tricky!)

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought but I just wanted to be certain. The third picture seems to be, what I think is, a pretty normal shaped male and the rounded ones are females I assume. It was more the pale coloration which I failed to capture particularly well in these pictures that was mildly concerning. The vegetation in the tank is pretty dense and the paler ones were hiding in the back.

I appreciate the input! Puts my mind more at ease since I haven't had as much time with the tank as I have had in the past. Next on the list is definitely taking care of that weird stringy algae you see in that third picture underneath the cory!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts