The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
When you try to scrape them do they shrink into little balls and fall back to the substrate? Do they only come out at night?

If you answered Yes than you have Planaria. Look up how to treat them. There is a dog dewormer that I hear is effective against them. I don't remember the name.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no

When you try to scrape them do they shrink into little balls and fall back to the substrate? Do they only come out at night?

If you answered Yes than you have Planaria. Look up how to treat them. There is a dog dewormer that I hear is effective against them. I don't remember the name.
No when I scrap them they just move away or on to the scraper. They are out night and day lol I'm pretty sure they are nematodes

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh no

Oh I was looking at the long line in the 3 oclock position in your picture.
No its the tiny white specks in the middle and top of the picture about 15 of them or so... My phone takes crappy pictures if I zoom too much they are just shapeless fuzziness lol.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
That's just the life of a shrimp tank. FIsh eat them. Shrimp don't. Let's you know you have a healthy environment- and fenben won't touch 'em. heh

How long have you had your tank set up?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
umm

That's just the life of a shrimp tank. FIsh eat them. Shrimp don't. Let's you know you have a healthy environment- and fenben won't touch 'em. heh

How long have you had your tank set up?
Going on 7monthssss

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I've had em. Its just your tank letting you know its healthy. They will go away in time. Even if you start over something else will pop up. Its just the life of a shrimper

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeppers they are fun. Generally they are in newer tanks. When I got them I cut my shrimp feeding down drastically to one time a week and only for an hour. They will go away eventually like everyone says. Just give it time. Good luck!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep

Do they wiggle constantly in an "S" shape? That's what nematodes do.
That's how they move its very snake like and if they get knocked off the glass they go ape wiggling around like crazy that's when its really a s shape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts