The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found something to drool over, the newly released Maxspect Mazarra Modular LED system.

http://www.maxspectusa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=14

Comes standard with 16 LEDs per module including

4-Cree XM-L @ 1500mA
4-Bridgelux [email protected]
3-Luxeon Rebel 460nm Royal @700mA
3-Luxeon Reble 480nm Blue @ 700mA
2-Bridgelux [email protected]

Complete 4 cahnnel lighting control the XM-l on one channel, 10k on another channel and the blues split between a pair of drivers. Complete sunup to sun down control.

Think I need a towel to clean off the keyboard.

Craig

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
"..the Mazarra is not only just a lighting fixture for your aquarium, but also a centerpiece of your living area." And, it is a very efficient vacuum cleaner for your bank account.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, that Giesemann fixture uses 770W in total?! You'll definitely notice that on your power bill.
After Googling aroudn to see if anyone actually uses one of them I found someone had tested it running at full power on everything it drew nearly 1330 watts. That is nearly 7 times my current usage for my 3 70watt MH.

Craig

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is horribly inefficient even for MH. T5HO or a set up like yours with individual lights I am guessing Craigthor? Definitely much better, think of the heat being emitted by this set up.
Yep, I run 3 individual 70 watt MHs. Wish I could find a dimmable ballast so I could have them come on slow and off slow.

Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.