The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right! I need to upgrade my 40g to a 75g ASAP! I have to many plants and am getting into crypts, so more room is a must! I have nothing for it yet, but will VERY SOON!!! Here are the plans:

Tank- Deep Blue Profesional w/ black silicone

Stand- DIY

Lighting- Aquatic Life 48'' T5HO 6-Bulb, 324w total:biggrin:

CO2- 10# Pressurised w/ Aquatic Life Regulator

Filtration- Fluval 405 w/ spray bar

Substrate- 12 bags total of seachem Flourite Black= 4''-5'' deep

I will be updating as this build comes together!!!

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Use only 2 of those bulbs at a time or you will be growing algae like a pro.:hihi:

Plans sound good. Congrats on the upgrade.
I have the same fixture on my 40 now. I run 4 bulbs for 8 hrs/ day. In that 8 hrs I run the other 2 for 2 hours. only algae problem ive had is some green spot on the glass

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, you got the CO2 and ferts down. I have the same issue with green spot on the glass. I think it is related to iron dosing more than not enough PO4.
I agree. I dose 60ml of PO4 daily ans 15ml of iron daily (Seachem). I think i need less iron. and yes I know, I need to switch to dry lol. Heres my 40's daily dosing schedual

N- 10ml
P- 60ml
K- 5ml
FE- 15ml
Excel- 20ml

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I can see you needing that much with your lights. I am running 3 T5HO bulbs on my 75.

I dose .5ppm PO4 and 1.2ppm NO3 per day in 20ml of solution from dry ferts.
5ml per day Fe from Seachem Iron and 30ml per day K from Seachem Potassium. I add 15ml per day of Seachem Trace. Each will be replaced with dry ferts as I run out of liquid except the iron since it is in the dry ferts for traces.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.