The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I found a good deal on a regulator but I am unsure of the cga connection. I dont want to wait around too long and have it be bought before I get a chance but I also dont want to waste my money. Its a matheson 9367 rated for corrossive. What are the chances it has a cga 320 and even if it doesnt is it possible to use an adapter. Sorry I have zero experience with regulators. It did say it has 1/4" VCR ports if that helps. As long as it would be adaptable I would buy it

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Most likely it has VCR connections. What you want is a 1/4 npt port then get the cga320 nipple and nut.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
824 Posts
Generally most people on here that build regulator set-ups say to stay away from VCR regulators. Parts are harder to find. There are plenty of regulators on ebay, I would keep looking. Look for ones that have 1/4" NPT or FPT ports.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Don't buy it unless you really want to deal with VCR connections. Basically you'll need VCR to 1/4 npt adapters for all your ports. You'll definitely need to swap out the cga fitting to cga 320.

I honestly don't know where to buy vcr adapters, that you'd have to ask bettatail or oldpunk. I'm pretty sure your regulator should have one already for the cga inlet since i don't believe they make vcr cga fittings, so really you'd just need 1 vcr adapter.

Bottomline VCR regulators are for people who really like high end fancy stuff and are okay with burning lots of money on them//have access to vcr parts. For all intents and purposes stick with something that has 1/4 npt ports

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
Is it an ultraline? If I'm not missing taken, those are heavy suckers and aren't intended to be held up with the cga connection. It's probably supposed to be panel mounted. It's too much weight on the face seal connection and tubing to be safe I think. If you break that suckered off, you're out a reg plus you'll be in for a hell of scare.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
if you do decide to go ahead with it you need a 1/4 vcr x 1/4 npt female for the cga fitting. and then (221396394109) for the post body stuff. no need to buy anything from me :D

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
:icon_mrgr three Matheson ultraline 9460(APtech AK1710S), don't want to let go, :icon_mrgr

the one you see on evil bay is the single stage VCR port, the part number for ultraline is 9460/9470 for double stage and 9360/9370 for single stage.
APtech part number is AP1710/AK1710 for single stage, AP1510/AK1510(4000psi version) for single stage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts