The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I read the more confused I get! It seems that if I invest in a uv sterilizer for a 100 gallon tank that the effectiveness is directly proportional to the output of the pump I am using. Is the output of the pump 'how many gallons per hour it pumps'? My tank (which is not set-up yet) gets direct sunlight for a few minutes each day. I can't relocate it. I live in an atrium/ sunroom with lots of ambient light from skylights and large glass doors. I can shade the tank from light part of the time. But I am hoping to succeed with all the new equipment available theses days for a planted tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, put is measured as gallons/hour.

The lower the flow through a UV system or the more wattage on the UV, the better.

Thank you! So, I have a 100 gallon tank with a penn-plax Cascade 1000.
I just received my Vecton 2 (400) model UV system.
I also have an old model penn-plax cascade 600 submersible filter that still works.
My thought was to add the 2nd old filter in addition to the new one and hook it up to the UV system to the old filter to get the slower flow and maximum effectiveness from the uv system. Would it make a worthwhile difference in the results I'm hoping for with the uv system?
Or should I just hook the uv system to the new canister filter.
Which way should I go?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.