The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 gallon tank with two 13W spiral bulbs in a hood. I love the light level from this, no algae-good growth and no problems. I plan to move the contents of this tank into a 20long soon and would like similar results. I have a couple of options available and could maybe buy another fixture if I need to. I have chicken coop light fixtures that I can use spiral bulbs in--dont like the looks of them, but they work. I have a 30" T5NO Coralife dual bulb fixture ( 18W x2 ) I have a 24" T5HO 24w fixture from a hydroponics store. I have a 2x 24W T5HO fixture.

Any thoughts on what would give similar results as the 2 x 13w hood?

The tank will be on a rack with a glass lid and the light can/will be suspended. It will have CO2 injected, but I dont plan on EI or high CO2 and high light.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You can use the data in the two stickies in this forum to make a good guess about how to duplicate the PAR you are now getting. But, unless you actually measure the PAR it will only be a guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.