The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i came up with this idea instead of buying the same plants over and over....

so would it be wise to just get lets say 3 stems of one type of plant then trim them down to as many 1"-2" a pieces that i can get out of ea steam... and replant them in a planted farm tank with co2?

let me know what your thoughts are.... good or bad... i already done so lol

P.S. the stems are bubbling after planting... assuming thats a good thing but its like saying if i cut my self i would bleed so assuming that the plants are doing the same?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Lots of stem plants can be pruned then plant the cutted tops. Some such as amazon sword and sag, vall and other rosette plants can produce offsets. Some plants produce these in mass numbers. Others produce plantlets like java fern and water sprite. Water sprite being so brittle every tiny piece of leaf can still grow into a new plant. hope this helps! :D

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
sure. i started doing just that 6 months ago. except instead of a farm tank with CO2, i made it an emmersed tub. atmospheric CO2 is free and in higher concentrations than in a tank. use miracle grow soil, cheap power compact bulbs, and get massive growth, and several plants bloom.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yea like marko said, the best option is going to be emersed growth-if your species can be grown emersed (some can't). A major benefit of this route is algae will not cover your plants. There is a downside though, often times your emersed grown leaves will die off once you move the plants underwater. A farm tank would work too, just pray for no algae.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.