The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 15g shrimp tank that has been up and running for a year. It houses red rilis a few amanos and 2 ottos. Everything has been fine up until last week when I noticed a bunch of dead shrimp laying on the floor of the tank. There are still about a dozen rilis in there, all the amanos are fine and the ottos are okay as well. Any idea as to what could have killed them off? I dont have any tank readings as I had been putting off moving the tank and once I saw this I figured I go ahead and do it. I drained a good portion of water and moved it to the other side of the room. I haven't noticed anything else negative.

Tank has top soil capped with pool filter sand, cfl lights, 10lb co2 1 bps no ferts.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could the co2 have dumped or went wacky on you?
That was the first thing I checked, tank is still full, bubble counter was only rolling 1 bps and DC was blue/green

Molting issues? Or a ammonia spike, my Mgops imploded after about a year and killed off a ton of my CRS
No molting issues, they had been shedding just fine. I don't think there was any spike, I would assume if there was it would have killed off everything instead of just the majority. But who knows.

I will be checking the params tonight when I get home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts