The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Me me me.

What I think will be interesting in the future is how they will approach the fact that other studies making marvel movies outside of the MCU will impact how the MCU is approached. Its definitely going to be....weird....not having characters like Spiderman or most of the X-men....although if deals can be worked out to bring them back into the MCU....that'd be super exciting.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh yes definitely. The other studios are going their own way about building their franchises, however. Fox is working to build their own shared X-Men/Fantastic Four universe. I do love X-Men as well and I think Fox does a pretty good job with their movies (besides the previous FF movies...) for the most part. Especially X-Men First Class. what a great movie.

I'm not really the biggest fan of Spider-Man, however, so I'm not really all that bummed that Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to him. There was a deal made between Marvel/Sony awhile back to have the Oscorp tower in the background of the city skyline of the Avengers or something like that, but it didn't work out.

Marvel did however get the rights back recently to Daredevil, Blade, Ghost Rider, and also the Punisher.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Really? I've heard rumors of a Daredevil reboot but wasn't sure which company would be doing that. So its safe then to say that if they made another Daredevil it would be within the MCU?

Although they'd have to do something really interesting and top notch to make him exciting as compared to characters like Thor, Iron Man, ect. He's a little underpowered comparatively.

Spidey is pretty important to marvel though, quite honestly he might be the most recognizable superhero they have.

Side note, I'm super excited for Days of Future Past, they better do that justice.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Really? I've heard rumors of a Daredevil reboot but wasn't sure which company would be doing that. So its safe then to say that if they made another Daredevil it would be within the MCU?

Although they'd have to do something really interesting and top notch to make him exciting as compared to characters like Thor, Iron Man, ect. He's a little underpowered comparatively.
Yeah, I don't think they're really even working on it right now. They pretty much said it was more or less a possibility in the future. And yes, it would be in the MCU.

There are probably going to be new future Marvel characters movies from the MCU including Black Panther, Dr. Strange, and definitely Ant-Man, which is due to be released I think in a couple years.

I also think it'll be quite interesting to see a newer franchise coming soon, Guardians of the Galaxy. Doesn't look like your typical superhero movie, but I think it'll be good.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blackheart, I too don't really like the Spider Man movies. I loved the cartoon though.
I liked the original ones, the Spider-Man trilogy. I don't really care for the character much, but I think the movies were entertaining. The new movies, however, I don't care for at all.

they are doing a xmen and avengers reboot right?
Not technically a reboot... but an X-men prequel with an entirely new cast has already been done, and there's no Avengers reboot. Avengers: Age of Ultron, the second movie, is due to be released next year.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I liked the original ones, the Spider-Man trilogy. I don't really care for the character much, but I think the movies were entertaining. The new movies, however, I don't care for at all.

Not technically a reboot... but an X-men prequel with an entirely new cast has already been done, and there's no Avengers reboot. Avengers: Age of Ultron, the second movie, is due to be released next year.

my bad.. i meant Fantastic Four..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/

·
Registered
999 Posts
I've been liking Agents of Shield and the tie in with the Avenger movies. Really curious to see how this Hydra story line plays out and if Sky is Ms. Marvel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts