The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Converted this tank from a mini pellia growing tank to an actual scape. This is about 2 weeks old. Light fixture is a 18" nova extreme with 10k bulbs. Plants: belem hair grass, staurogyne sp., mini java fern, bolbitis, crypt wendtii (sp?), anubias nana petite, java moss, mini pellia, and nymphae micrantheum.

here's a close up picture in case anyone's curious about the rock/wood layout.

Here it is grown in. My bolbitis is a bit fried because I was running it on the same timer as my 60p. I just recently bought a separate timer.

Update: 3 weeks since last picture, basically grown in. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Martin this was totally the vision for my Mini-m project's scape. Looking good! But hopefully not too good where I would switch up what I have already- I'm so tired and don't want to play with A.S. any longer.

Randy =)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re-scape I did this week. Needs some time to grow in and the amanos need to stop digging up my plants. The one rock on the left that is on top of the branch is just to hold it down b/c it hasn't completely sunk.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got tired of the shrimp scape pretty quickly and had some algae issues because I've had to go co2-less for a month or so. Decided to rescape and do a dry start with UG so I can get the best possible substrate sloping. Here's a sneak preview.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
wow you got my favorite stones =dragon stones/shou *screams like a little girl* ahem anyways l love the layout as it is now + l can't wait to see this one develop. Man you make me wanna tear down my iwagumi and buy some dragon stone and completely re-do mines lol. *subscribed*

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can't wait to see the new scape. Do you have a pic of what it looked like before you tore it down?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts