The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy some marsilea minuta, anyone have any? It will definitely need a heat pack, as I am on the east coast, and it is BLOODY COLD out here!!!:mad:

Thanks!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not positive on how many stems I'm going to need. I'd like to carpet a 9 inch by 18 inch area, so... how many do I need? I guess if I had a good 4x4 clump, I could take it apart, and plant it strand by strand.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
just fyi ... I got all my plants to boston last and 2 weeks ago. I had no mishaps except for the package with the heat pack. As soon as it's nicely wrapped you shouldn't need a heat pack. Just my 2 cents. At least for plants!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
just fyi ... I got all my plants to boston last and 2 weeks ago. I had no mishaps except for the package with the heat pack. As soon as it's nicely wrapped you shouldn't need a heat pack. Just my 2 cents. At least for plants!
The heat packs can actually help to melt the plants.

As long as the package doesn't end up sitting in a freezing cold mailbox for a day or so most plants should ship fine. Plants should also be packaged in a damp/humid environment but not overly wet... the water will freeze before the plant tissue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts