The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bragging rights
check out this plants colors in emmersed jel culture, from dennerle sold at my not too far lfs.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I had to google this one. The pics I saw online looked nice. Rich green carpets. Crazy how it's brown/yellow emersed. Nice find. None of the lfs in AZ know who Dennerle is haha. Seems like all our locals buy Asian :/

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, very nice picsc when you google. I saw it submerged up close at the lfs and it had hints of blues and purples. Yeah these dennerle gel containers are pretty cool. I also got cryptocoryne flamingo for just $13.99.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
bragging rights
check out this plants colors in emmersed jel culture, from dennerle sold at my not too far lfs.
:frown2:
A fresh culture of Marsilea should be dark green with just the most recent growing tips showing olive coloration.

The "colors" in the pics are just dead tissue. The in-vitro culture has been kept too long or under the wrong conditions. It can be saved, but I would only buy it if it were at a severe discount.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:frown2:
A fresh culture of Marsilea should be dark green with just the most recent growing tips showing olive coloration.

The "colors" in the pics are just dead tissue. The in-vitro culture has been kept too long or under the wrong conditions. It can be saved, but I would only buy it if it were at a severe discount.
Thank you for this information. I will save these little guys. Did not know that.:nerd:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.