The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Mars. Quad (submersed form) and planted it just under 2 weeks ago (12/20/11) -separated nodes and planted with healthy roots and all

...every where says it needs an adjustment period before it really takes hold and starts to "take off" (obviously a slow grower, but Im tired of the weekly maintenance I had with glosso)

how long should it take before I start to see new, healthy growth?

I have a:
-20gal Long
-DIY 2-T5NO 24" bulbs suspended ~6" over tank
-MGOCPM capped with Floramax substrate
-modified EI dosing schedule (only dose 1x a week instead of 3x since its a slow grower)
-5# CO2 via a RG style reactor (...a darker green instead of lime because again, slow grower from this green :confused1: to this :flick:)
-9 Tiger Barbs
-good circulation and temps ~80d F

when I received it, it was in great health
...after I planted it, it looks like its doing a slow die off

having the same problem with an amazon sword plant as well...when I took out the glosso, I AGGRESSIVELY trimmed all the leaves off down to the stalk (it overwhelmed my tank, but i like that...just wanted some light for my m. quad)
...and it hasnt put out a new leaf in 2 wks either...but i did add a root tab to it yesterday during WC so maybe thatll help

I could grow just about anything with my set up before (Ive done dwarf sag, glosso, hc, and DHG)...and now that I have an "easy" plant, its not working for me :confused1:

uprooting a carpet of glosso did start an ammonia spike and some algae...but Im patient enough for it to go away (and it has now started going the other direction)

help?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
isnt emersed growth almost a foot tall?

if this doesnt work, i would buy seeds next time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts