The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so

the water is clear however the light over it casts a terrible yellow on it.. plus i used my iphone.. i assure you they are extremely healthy, and yes the big guy shredded the wafer, after a minute it kind of falls apart anyways
what was you selling yours for again?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats the plant in the last picture top left?? looks like its growing out of a pile of snails LOL

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also I thought the Marmokrebs turned blue as they aged? the big ones you have are they blue?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Video of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyZJRp4uQ4

There is a subtle hint of blue in them, but I would not call them blue... I'm pretty sure the blue color has to do with diet or something... I've read that a fish-heavy diet works, but I think it's all speculation.

The plants are all fake, they love to eat plants. I'll throw extra trimmings, mosses, algae, etc in there for them to feed on all the time, and they constantly graze on them. That "pile of snails" is just gravel glued together to hold the fake plant down.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love the video :D

have you tried floating plants ?

has any of your marmokrebs showed any signs of water mold? they get a fuzzy white on them..

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i make these

Video of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqyZJRp4uQ4

There is a subtle hint of blue in them, but I would not call them blue... I'm pretty sure the blue color has to do with diet or something... I've read that a fish-heavy diet works, but I think it's all speculation.

The plants are all fake, they love to eat plants. I'll throw extra trimmings, mosses, algae, etc in there for them to feed on all the time, and they constantly graze on them. That "pile of snails" is just gravel glued together to hold the fake plant down.
I make these anchors for my plants :D

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
I do put floating plants in there from time to time and they don't last... but then that could be them eating them or inadequate lighting as it's just a single T8.

I've never seen any health problems on them, nor ever a corpse. I do see molts once in a while, though ;)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok so is there anyone else that have marmokrebs for sale? I really can't afford $2 each and $13 shipping... unless I just get 1 I kinda want at least 3.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I offered babies at 1.50 each + 6 dollars for small flat rate shipping (no DOA guarantee) or 12 dollars for a box shipped priority with insulation and DOA guarantee. Is this price not cheap enough? If you were looking for a DOA guarantee for live animals shipped via small flat rate, good luck with that. I hope someone else can help you out.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I thought it was a great offer, pity I am not shopping for some :)

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 24 Posts