The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have a few questions about these girls for anyone who has experience or other knowledge with them.

1. If kept in groups, do some seem to grow much faster than their brood sisters?

2.Are there color differences (blue -brown)in the same brood?

3. Will food variation effect the coloration?

My tank is room temp year round; Ph 7.4-6 well water; 25% change weekly. Food is a mix of veg. fish food and live meaty treats. Thank you for you help. BBF:smile2:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I had so many distributed around my aquariums and especially in the 125 that I can't tell you about the size distributions. I did see a range of colors in them. Some stayed darker/browner than the rest but I did see some that were very blue. Since they all ate the same thing and pretty much all the same water conditions/lighting, I can't say with any certainty what caused some of them to turn blue. I was under the impression that they were all genetically identical, so this is very puzzling to me. It seems the only variation would have to be environmental, but it did not seem so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.