The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread about a week ago on a new adventure having a planted tank. I received alot of great responses and have redone my aquascape, also added yesterday a DIY CO2 and I am still waiting on the new lighting to come in.

The first attempt last week:

Redone:

Left side of tank:

Right side of tank:

Close up of anubius nana:

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
He did, but maybe further apart still.
You take advice very well, i'm proud of you.
The plants should grow better like that.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is an update on my 15 gal tank. I broke apart the hairgrass more and finally got my new light today!

What should I do with these roots coming out of the Ludwigia?

Close up of the left side:

Thanks for all the great advice!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update On 15 Gal Tank

It has been a couple of weeks since I have updated my thread. The plants have been growing well except for the hairgrass and micro-sword. I broke apart the hairgrass even more and I am hoping to get better results in the next few weeks. Thanks to Fish Newb for the dwarf riccia! It looks great and adds a touch to the driftwood. Enjoy the pics!

2-10-07

One of my male guppies...

Thanks for looking...and will take any and all suggestions and comments.

·
Registered
122 Posts
so for so good, much better; i have one suggestion take the anubias nana and attach it to the driftwood instead of leaving it floating otherwise it wont have anything to grab on to.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
that dwarf riccia looks excellent! great work.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
It has been a couple of weeks since I have updated my thread. The plants have been growing well except for the hairgrass and micro-sword. I broke apart the hairgrass even more and I am hoping to get better results in the next few weeks. Thanks to Fish Newb for the dwarf riccia! It looks great and adds a touch to the driftwood. Enjoy the pics!
You're welcome on the Ricca, I sent out soo many packages of plants last month I can't even remember who I sent what to LOL!

The roots on the stems are Aireal roots and can be trimmed or left alone.

Oh also give the HG a "Hair cut" this should encourage it to send out runners.

Looks good!
-Andrew

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
And here I thought I sent you that dwarf riccia ....
hmmm once again being confused as a 15 year old boy :confused:

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
And here I thought I sent you that dwarf riccia ....
hmmm once again being confused as a 15 year old boy :confused:
That was my second thought... I'm gonna need to get my name changed eventually... Wonder if it's possible to keep all my posts and such and have a name change?

Oh Kyle?

-Andrew

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I was looking into it.....watch us do it at the same time and come up with something similar again...eeeek
That is definitely my dwarf riccia :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts