The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to do a total rescape of my 20L. im going to make it iwagumi.
just now i went out and bought 3 nice peices of petrified wood. tomorrow i plan on doing the rescape.
plants i plan to use:
glosso
riccia
HC
e. belem
downoi
c. wendtii
stargrass
microsword
a. petite
chain sword
jave fern trident

i will be selling some of my current plants. if anyone wants some c. wendtii (i have too much), cabomba furcata (nice red plant), or r. aragua, or stargrass (too much of that too) let me know.

·
Registered
476 Posts
well im thinking im going to do a mix carpet. basically plant the plants in clumps, and let them spread into each other.
any thoughts?
that will be cool as long as you dont use to many taller plants in the tank.
it wont be a traditional iwagumi but it will be so cool looking. it will be like a carpet sampler:hihi: cant wait for this one.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
took all day, but im finally there.
i still have some belem to plant that is growing emmersed, but im not doing that today.
here are pics:

look at the texture of the rock!

i have LOTS of extra crypt wendtii left over. and a bunch of other plants. check out my sales thread.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is hornwort floating in the tank. that helps with the nutrients.
and after a couple of weeks removing the crypts would uproot everything else (they have HUGE root systems).
plus i still need to plant most of the e. belem and the e. tenelus.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry to hear about your fish. Don't let that discourage you though, you have an amazing looking tank that's just getting started :)

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet rocks! Petrified wood?
thanks. :)
yep, petrified wood.

Personally, I'd add more rocks :thumbsup:
nah, i dont do big hardscapes. i always do tanks with mostly plants and just a bit of hardscape here and there.

Sorry to hear about your fish. Don't let that discourage you though, you have an amazing looking tank that's just getting started :)
thanks.
yeah, ill keep the tank going.
i dont know what to keep now though. any suggestion?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts