The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Marineland reef capable LED light, which I loved, but it has started to malfunction(4 LEDS come on, but go dark after a few minutes). It is outside of warranty and Marineland hasn't even responded to my inquiries. So, anyone compared this to a Ray II from Finnex? I really liked how the lighting from this fixture looked and would like to replicate it, but since I'm slightly annoyed at Marineland, I'm willing to try something else, as long as it looks similar.

Or, anyone have any suggestions for taking apart the light and attempting a repair?

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Hi Miira,

Per Marineland website posted 18 months ago:

The individual LED's aren't replaceable. If some aren't working, please call us and we'll replace the light. 800.322.1266.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have contacted customer support through their website, no response, and it is out of warranty. The lights aren't burnt out, they come on, but a few go off after a few minutes. Maybe they are loose and/or overheating. I can attempt a repair, but if it fails, I'll have to order a new light immediately, so thought it best to get opinions on the Finnex first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.