The Planted Tank Forum banner

Marineland Stealth heater recall still active?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dirtdawg57 
#1 ·
I have had all my aquarium stuff packed the for about 5 years due to being unable to set it back up because of unfit rental houses. I just got an 75g aquarium though and got my old equipment back out including my 250w Marineland Stealth heater. When it started acting strangely, I got online to look for the manual and found all the info about recalls and the heaters exploding like bombs!

The recall was in 2011 and I wondered if anyone knew if it was still active? Also has Marineland corrected the problem with their new versions? I really liked the security of the plastic coating and the fact that it gives you actual temperatures on the dial instead of just saying "hotter/colder". Should I get a replacement or get a refund so I can get something better? I don't remember how much I paid for it but I thought it was somewhat upper end as far as heaters go.

#2 ·
Marineland will either 1)give you a new heater.. same wattage 2) Send you what you pd for it "if" you have the receipt. or 3)send you cash for what they estimate it cost..
also will send you a return shipping label.......

Thanks for your inquiry. The Stealth model heaters were recalled in 2011. We will be happy to send you a pre-paid UPS label via mail or email to return those recalled units. We would be happy to send comparable wattage Precision model heaters to replace them, or to provide a refund. If you still have your receipt, we can refund the amount initially paid for the heaters. If you no longer have your receipt, the refund would be based on the wattage. Please reply with your preference for receiving the UPS label, along with your preference for a refund or replacement, and we’ll get the shipping label on the way. If you have additional questions, feel free to reply to this email, or to call us at 1-800-526-0650. We are available M-F 8:00am – 5:30pm EST. Thanks for your time. Have a wonderful day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.