The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My sister is interested in getting into fish tanks and would like to do a betta tank on her desktop. I was looking into getting her the marineland portrait because it looks nice and fits the budget. However, I am concerned that it is a tall tank not a long tank. Do any of you guys have any thoughts or better alternatives? Is this tank acceptable for bettas? Do you guys have any experience with this tank?
Thanks,
Samuel

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys,
My sister is interested in getting into fish tanks and would like to do a betta tank on her desktop. I was looking into getting her the marineland portrait because it looks nice and fits the budget. However, I am concerned that it is a tall tank not a long tank. Do any of you guys have any thoughts or better alternatives? Is this tank acceptable for bettas? Do you guys have any experience with this tank?
Thanks,
Samuel
Perfect for a betta many may disagree to the size but I think it’s ok jus design it urself and enjoy it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make sure it is heavily planted- having hiding spaces, living plants, and a balanced liquid environment (compared to the water parameters of a random bowl filled with tap water, poop, food, and a betta- you know the ones) will offset the smaller size a bit...
hope you post pics.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just got back into planted tank after many years and I set up one of these little nano's to dip my feet into the water again.. so to speak ;-) It's working great for bettas and plants. Setup is 4 months old now. I have three female Betta fish and a group of 6 Dwarf Pigmy Rasbora. All are well. The light that comes with it is actually not bad, but I recently upgraded to Fluval Nano light.
Plant Houseplant Flowerpot Terrestrial plant Organism

Plant Natural material Terrestrial plant Grass Wood

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts