The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
hahaha best thing since sliced bread!
Cheap, versatile and quiet.
The 400 only uses 5 watts of power.
Combined with a sponge filter I have one of these as the only water mover in 4 different 55g tanks, along with others used elsewhere.
I own about a dozen of them.

Others would be happier with two in a 55g maybe but I have no complaints and zero equipment failures in years.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have a few of these, and I like them a whole lot better than the AquaClear power heads because they are a lot more versatile. Regarding which size you should use, the only real consideration is whether or not it will move the water in your tank satisfactorily since it does not sound like you will be using it as a filtering component. Like other forum users here have stated, these often do make noise when used as a circulation pump, but not always. I have had six of these, and two of them developed a buzzing sound that was almost like it was not fitted together properly and something was rattling inside the housing. Disassembling the power head did not help this, but since it did not effect the function of the pump I just put those two in tanks that were not in my living room. Hope this info helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.