The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had these strips on my four 10 gallon tanks since I began planting my tanks over a year ago. I use two per tank, and I've had nothing but happy growing plants. Since the light only reaches down about 9 inches, these lights are quite sufficient for a planted tank. I have lilies, crypts, etc., and all are happy. I have to trim the growth monthly and keep a grow out tank outside. I use leaf zone weekly, no co2, hobs w/bio balls, and big bubbles without the stone to really churn the water without the current a powerhead causes. Check out my photo album/gallery and see for yourself. People shouldn't pass these lights over for planted tanks. As long as it is not a deep tank, these are fine. And if it is a deep tank, just place them under water closer to your plants! Love these lights!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have one on a 20H and it's working well. It's just under a year old, and it blends in nicely to the rim of the tank. PAR data is available at fostersmith website. I waited for a coupon and bought mine at Petsmart.

Some complaints from various reviewers that I was a bit concerned about, but I haven't had any issues with them.

My only complaints (very minor) are that you get a bright spot across the tank where the LEDs are focused. You can rotate it to help a bit but it's still there. And you don't get much shimmer effect since the light is under water.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Ah yeah, I have a pallet of these, probably 200 or so of them. 21" version. I've used 6 on a 75 gallon, and 2-3 on my 29 gallon before I got the planted+ 24/7. They work great for low light setups, absolutely no issues with a little bit of excel/glut and even that may not be necessary. Just not super bright or good for med-high lighting on an 18"+ deep tank. Haven't tried them on any shallower tanks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ah yeah, I have a pallet of these, probably 200 or so of them. 21" version. I've used 6 on a 75 gallon, and 2-3 on my 29 gallon before I got the planted+ 24/7. They work great for low light setups, absolutely no issues with a little bit of excel/glut and even that may not be necessary. Just not super bright or good for med-high lighting on an 18"+ deep tank. Haven't tried them on any shallower tanks.
How much for a few off your pallet? ;)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
You think these will help with plants? Im looking for extra light since my main light is pretty weak. Or are these more for looks

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts