The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone use one of the marineland hiden led strips. I feel i am not getting enough light down in front of my tank and the moon light on my DP T5HO justis not cutting it.

http://www.marineland.com/Products/Lighting/LED-Lighting/Hidden-LED-Lighting.aspx

Size .06 Watt White LEDs .06 Watt Blue LEDs Par/Lux at 12" PAR/LUX at 24" Lumens

17" 56 16 25/886 10/302 400

21" 72 16 25/1121 11/377 550

Features
6,500K white, 460nm blue LEDs
In-line 3 way switch
Energy-efficient .06watt LEDs
Fully sealed
Unique in frame mounting options
Integrated cord routing
Directional adjustment dial
17,000 lifetime hours
Low voltage, single power source
Flexible mounting system
One-year performance warranty

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have two on the front rim of my 75. I love them as a blue-white accent, but don't think they're really sufficient by themselves. They do brighten up the front of the tank significantly, and highlight fish with blue coloration, as well as provide some glitter-lines wherever the water's surface is disrupted.

I did have one fail on me - water got into it, and the inner workings got mouldy ... and died.

~Bruce

·
Registered
152 Posts
"Moonlight" is very blue, LOL. I like the morning/evening look with just the moonlights on in front and the N/O T-5 in the back turned on:

~Bruce

·
Registered
55 Posts
I put a couple together and made a light bar for a 10 gallon shrimp tank. You can turn just the blue lights on. I haven't submerged mine so no worries of leaking. For what they are the price is a little steep but I like the idea they are a standard light tube diameter so retrofitting a hood takes a couple clips.

Sent using voodoo through my phone to your retinas.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I wanna see the red. I feel that my marineland db led washes out the color of my tank. If I put my old t8 fixture, everything looks awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts