1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
429 Posts
A little pricey IMO. You figure they would have an introductory price or something while they try to get word out for a new product. Maybe this is the introductory price. Who knows. Unless this thing works flawlessly I think there are better price options out there.

·
Registered
711 Posts
George,In my opinion you can not compare the quality of a Marineland filter to your 2026,eventhough it needs fixing ,sure people are going to say yah we got one (marineland)and its a very good filter and all but it can never be an Eheim .so If I were you I would fix the 2026.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
George,In my opinion you can not compare the quality of a Marineland filter to your 2026,eventhough it needs fixing ,sure people are going to say yah we got one (marineland)and its a very good filter and all but it can never be an Eheim .so If I were you I would fix the 2026.
I've never thought about going to a different brand until I foudn that to get mine fixed I need to send the whole filter head to them in Canada so that they can replace the o-ring because they feel it's not a user replacable part and therefore don't sell the o-ring to people. There was a whole thread about this point, including a custom ordered replacement from an o-ing manufacturer. At that time I didn't have any problems, and it's too late to order one now. I've owned and worked with fluvals (04 series and earlier, not the 05 ones) before and wouldn't consider them again.

A friend who works at my LFS has said good things about them. I'll stick with Eheim for now.

They do seem a little pricey don't they?
The eheims, or the marinelands? Eheims have always been a bit pricier.

are they made of plastic or is that a stainless steel body? If its stainless i may give them a go on my new tank, but if they're just plastic i can't pass on the 1/2 price rena's.

I highly doubt it's stainless steel. It just looks like a dark grey plastic to me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.