The Planted Tank Forum banner

Marineland Aquatic plant LED fixture

5537 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  D_Harris
Okay it's been almost a month since I bought Marineland Aquatic plant LED fixture 24" - 36" for my 38 gallon and so far light doesn't cover enough space (which the 36" - 48" should do) and what it does cover has grown some algae the timer is very helpful and can be programmed.
I'm gonna return and search for a low-med lighting.
But I would recommend this for those with either high tanks or those who are experienced with lighting and Co2.
I'm still a novice with lighting as well as plants and so a high light fixture is not for me at the moment.
So can anyone recommend a cheaper LED fixture good enough for Med lighting?

Two of the plants I'm trying to grow are a HC carpet and downoi.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't answer your question but your experience helps me a bit because I was looking at the Marineland APLS for my 50 gal, 36"x18"x18". If the lights too narrow for your 38 gal, It'll be too narrow for my 50 gal 18" deep tank.

So, suggestions for a 36" medium light fixture would help me as well. So far, it seems all the LED fixtures I've found are either low light or high light.

Wondering if you could place electrical tape over some of the LEDs on a high light fixture to get down to medium light?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.