The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the Marina Slim S20 would be a good filter for a 7.5 tank? Flow rate is 92 gph. The tank is either for shrimp or nano fish.

Does anyone use this filter for their aquarium? I got it from an aquarium kit and needed to replace the filter. I was thinking of using Matrix for the media. Would that work just fine?

·
Registered
577 Posts
We have an S10 as part of the filtration on our 12 long and it seems to move a reasonable amount of water for what we are using it for. We haven't owned it long but so far it seems like a nice little unit, it's quiet and doesn't need to be primed and played with after a power outage.
Some people take aquaclear sponges and slice them in half to use instead of the overpriced cartridges or other people ziptie filter floss onto a gutted cartridge.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I've been running the S10 for about a year now. its great little filter. i've run it on a 10g and 7g, it gives plenty of flow, i actually turned the flow rate down because i felt like it was to much for my little 7g, but was perfect at full throttle for my 10g

still quiet as the day i bought it. it comes apart very easily for cleaning. and there is plenty of usualable space in it filter if you want to add extra media.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My thread back from the dead, lol. I use a AC30 on my 7.5g and it's great. I do still have the S20 for future use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.