The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought sponge filters,T5 bulbs, Purigen, Eheim 2217, Aquaclear filters ,some heaters and breeding boxes. Total saving comparing to Amazon or Bigal's $90.Not bad. Like 30% total.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
How many of you all use these breeder boxes?
I have one setup on a new tank that is still cycling that I plan to throw some of my high grade males and a female to try and get some higher grade babies. The biggest thing I heard from people using them though is although fresh water is pulled in, it doesn't always stay that clean so I made a mini canister air drive filter from an old fish food container that is in it as well that I'm hoping will aid in filtering the area while my high grade males hopefully have some fun. Still waiting for my netlea soil to finish leeching though :(

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
he's pointing out that there's a cheap brand of the breeding boxes i sell on kensfish.com, although with shipping they're not that great of a steal
oh lol i so didnt get it.... you can get a 10 gallon tank at like walmart for what $13 yet ADG has them for what $90 so ha... ok i still dont get it. people pay for quality. i still dont see the point.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Since this thread was revived ^, my question is, "What is the benefit of this type of breeder box over a net one?" I'm getting ready to play geneticist and I bought both of these:

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
It's outside the tank, so doesn't clutter the inside, plus adds water volume to the tank. It also guarantees constant circulation through the breeder box, albeit slow circulation, but circulation nonetheless.

You can also put substrate inside the breeder box.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have one with substrate, moss and one Fluval prefilter sponge with air stone inside-to work like sponge filter. So far everything is OK there are 8 shrimps inside. I'm thinking to replace air bubbler for flow with small water pump-elite micro or similar. Will see the result.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.