The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been so busy with the local club so don't post here often but Im back. Well here is another new thread. This my ADA 75P.
Equipement
ADA 75P 42 gallon original tank (not the new high clarity)
Black stand
ADA Solar I 150watt (ADA 8k bulb) metal halide pendant/ custom light bar
Pressurized Co2 with Rinoxx diffuser
Fluval 404 canister filter/ glass lily pipes
Hydor inline 300watt heater
ADA power sand
ADA bacter
ADA tourmaline
ADA Amazonia 50% used 50% new
Pfertz root tabs
Seriyu stones
i think thats all.

·
Registered
251 Posts
In the third to the last picture i was like damn you sure your tank is not high clarity?
Then i realized there really was no tank...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the third to the last picture i was like damn you sure your tank is not high clarity?
Then i realized there really was no tank...
Very funny.
The bar needs to be cut to size. I added the power sand, tourmaline, and bacter but no substrate yet.
Still sinking the wood.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok the tank is now partially planted. I did not use the ADA stone cuz I felt it was too small for this tank. This stone has nice texture, color, and proportion. Here are some pics of the build.

Rock placement first. These stone would be nice for and Iwagumi but the would have to be larger. Added the Pfertz root tabs.

Added the driftwood which had been soaking in a tub outside for 2 months and added one final layer of Amazonia to soften the edges around the stone as well as lock the stone and wood in place.

Slow fill with RO water

Aded plants and hooked up CO2, timer, light, and filter. Still need an inline heater, Lily Pipes and a mid ground plant.

Plants include dwarf hairgrass, rotala sp green, rotala walichi, rotala indica, didiplis diandra, star grass and a new plant on the left background. Bolbitis needle leaf java fern, and fissidens on the some of the wood.

Still looking for a mid ground plant. maybe a green crypt, blyxa, or lobelia caedinalis or any suggestion.

I will def have an army of ottos some snowball shrimp, dario dario, and about 30 green neons or 40 to 50 ember tetras.

·
Registered
64 Posts
God I wish we could get wood like that in NZ :(, and I would have to agree about the rocks, can't wait to see it fill in

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love how the stones are arranged, but TBH the wood could use some work so that it doesn't look so much like a bouquet. JMHO
Good eye CL. I totally agree with you. The wood is not complete. Im still looking for more manzanita that is shorter in order to have it arraged toward the foreground. Thanks everyone for the compliments but it is only 50% finished.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just read your 120P Iwagumi thread. great read. Love all you tanks. Great inspiration for my frist rimless planted tank, i try and research too the max whenever i do anything...thanks!! One quick question, About how high is your solar 1 from the tank?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok the tank is now partially planted. I did not use the ADA stone cuz I felt it was too small for this tank. This stone has nice texture, color, and proportion. Here are some pics of the build.

Rock placement first. These stone would be nice for and Iwagumi but the would have to be larger. Added the Pfertz root tabs.

Added the driftwood which had been soaking in a tub outside for 2 months and added one final layer of Amazonia to soften the edges around the stone as well as lock the stone and wood in place.

Slow fill with RO water

Aded plants and hooked up CO2, timer, light, and filter. Still need an inline heater, Lily Pipes and a mid ground plant.

Plants include dwarf hairgrass, rotala sp green, rotala walichi, rotala indica, didiplis diandra, star grass and a new plant on the left background. Bolbitis needle leaf java fern, and fissidens on the some of the wood.

Still looking for a mid ground plant. maybe a green crypt, blyxa, or lobelia caedinalis or any suggestion.

I will def have an army of ottos some snowball shrimp, dario dario, and about 30 green neons or 40 to 50 ember tetras.
Hi Marimo,
I'm newbie from Singapore,just join this amazing forum not long ago. Got a few questions and hope you could enlighten me.
Wats the plastic thing on the left side of your tank? Is your external filter outlet back to your tank? Seems like the inlet tubing and outlet are pretty close, is tat a better kind of set-up? Saw most of the planted tanks in Singapore have their outlet near the front of the tank,maybe 1/2 inch below water level and the inlet on the back wall of the tank.
Btw, love your tank set-up.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kimba, that is the fluval 404 canister out flow. the in and out are together they can not be separated. I prefer inlet on the right and outflow on the right. I will replace it with glass lily pipes. thanks for the compliment. new pics comming soon.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just read your 120P Iwagumi thread. great read. Love all you tanks. Great inspiration for my frist rimless planted tank, i try and research too the max whenever i do anything...thanks!! One quick question, About how high is your solar 1 from the tank?

Thank you the Iwagumi 120P is my favorite. update on that one comming soon.

the Solar one is 10 inches from the tank upper edge. the light spreads is great with no part of the tank left with dark spots. I think one 150 watt mh is perferct for a 30 inch tank but light would not cover a 36 inch tank or 90P

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ever see this?

How's this growing in?
Yeah he has some nice set ups. but can only grow low light plants with one 150 watt MH. I know someone that tried growing med light plants in a 90P with a solar one and the edges of the tank would only grow moss. Not enough light spread. I use two 150 watt MH for my 120P.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts