The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our marimo ball appears to have had a baby. I noticed a loose spot on it a few weeks a go so I rolled it around in my hand a little and repeated it a few times a week. Today it had some sand on it so we took it out to rinse it in a cup I rolled it in my hand when I took it out of the tank and we gently squished it in some clean water. When I put it back in the cup I noticed the loose spot was bigger i gave it a little gentle swish and it basically came off I rolled the little piece up in to a ball and rolled the mommy back up in a ball too. Should I tie it up with some thread so they both stayed round for a week or so. or do we just let them both be in the tank. I know its the current that helps keep them round but there is no real current in our tank. Any advice? We want to do the right thing for the mommy and baby

·
Registered
844 Posts
ncie..u got some picture of it...would love to see how the baby come about...

i would just leave the balls alone

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure no problem the girls are very excited about it. the baby is bigger than i expected they are both full of water when all the water is squished out the baby is about the size of a marble and the mommy around a golf ball. They both have a bit of a brown flat spot where they separated at. I took a picture of it for you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
coolio! Mine NEVER get any current and are doing just fine, even if they're a bit raggedy looking from it :] Congrats on the moss birth! ^^

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we take ours out once or twice a week and i role it in my hand to help it keep its round shape. So far the momma and baby seem to be doing ok. I am hoping there discolored spot greens up soon and they start to round out on that side a little better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts