The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a planted 75 gal community with schools of Cories, Neons and a pair of Blue Rams ( maybe ).Any words of wisdom concerning Marbled Hatchets? I do know they jump. They're awesome looking and would fill out the top of the tank.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
The more the merrier, they are notorious jumpers and the top needs to be completely covered. I've had mine escape out of a 3/8" gap.

Craig

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
There's nothing to it really. Just have some taller plants or floating plants for them to feel secure, and if they won't take prepared foods at first wean them on freeze-dried bloodworms.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Mine only seem to jump when I'm not around. They don't mind me working in the tank as well. I have spooked them before when coming out in the middle of the night and turning on the light in the dinning room to full power if looking for something.

Craig

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I've never had a marbled hatchet jump (except for one time during acclimation). I guess I'm just lucky?

·
Registered
392 Posts
have lots of floating plants

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Starve them they will adapt to flake food.
Have 5 inch glass above the water line but still see them fly above the tank sometimes, what is good is they fly vertically, so no one end out drying on the floor yet after 5 month have them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts