The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know of alternative of this that is the same or similar. I always keep this on hand. Found it is the best cure for my discus and shrimp. Summer is coming so I like to have some on hand. I can't find it anywhere, shows out of stock every where.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Anyone know of alternative of this that is the same or similar. I always keep this on hand. Found it is the best cure for my discus and shrimp. Summer is coming so I like to have some on hand. I can't find it anywhere, shows out of stock every where.
i kindly asked my doctor to prescribe me human erythromicin. he had a laugh when i explained why i need it, after that he gave me prescription

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Maracyn 1 is erythromicin (for gram positive). Maracyn 2 is minocycline/minocin - a type of of tetracycline (for gram negative). I just got some off amazon last week, but they show out of stock now.

Not sure, but API T.C. Tetracycline may provide a similar function, though one place I read said that the minocycline version is more potent than regular tetracyclines.

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts

I tried this one they email you and say they dont have stock

Maracyn 1 is erythromicin (for gram positive). Maracyn 2 is minocycline/minocin - a type of of tetracycline (for gram negative).
Not sure, but API T.C. Tetracycline may provide a similar function, though one place I read said that the minocycline version is more potent than regular tetracyclines.

This minocycline/minocin works better with inverts

If any one finds some buy it and I will buy it from them

·
Registered
338 Posts
I tried this one they email you and say they dont have stock

This minocycline/minocin works better with inverts

If any one finds some buy it and I will buy it from them
okay i'll write you in a couple hours. i have a meeting at 12:30 that i HOPE doesn't last long (but the ladies talk foreverrrr) and i plan on stopping in after, i'll grab it. i'm POSITIVE that is the box i saw. i think its only 8 tho

·
Registered
199 Posts
So would we be able to use the minocycline that is in the 100 mg capsules that vets use for cats/dogs? Just parcel it out into ten equal portions like we do the dog dewormer fenbendazole? These two sites require a prescription; maybe that is why it is being discontinued by Sentry Mardel. Your local vet could provide it....

http://www.allivet.com/p-3355-minocycline-100-mg-1-capsule.aspx?gclid=CLW1_vCMhr4CFRQaOgodFygAiQ

http://www.vetrxdirect.com/product/...313637323730&gclid=CInY_fGMhr4CFaMcOgodX0YAGw

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.