The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
God I hope someday I can get pics like this of my own tanks, I can never tell if I just don't know how to shoot, my tanks aren't set up right, or I don't own a good enough camera

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nellis-- please forgive my iliteracy with photography lingo. DOF is?

·
Registered
374 Posts
He means Depth Of Field I believe. and I presume that it was achieved with the camera not photoshop. Much easier to get depth of field like that with a camera then to fake it in photoshop. anyways, what kind of light do you have over that tank?

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
yes, looks nice, but DOF of photo is distracting to me. I'd prefer a shot where everything is in better focus. This will take more light because of the smaller aperture, however.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Wow, it looks awesome. i see a formation that looks like a spiny eel coming out from the rock in the middle of the clearing.
Did you cover those other rocks with something, or is that algal growth? It looks very natural that way.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depth of Focus was done with the camera-- I didn't blur or sharpen anything in there.

I originally had some moss-covered sticks lying on the rocks back there, but the moss has grown in thick. :)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Here's a easy rendering of what i was talking about.
1 is the rocks- are they covered with algae?
2 is the eel like thing i see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts