The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maple forest ain't finished either by a long shot, but I need to take some "final style" photos to show off to my friends/family when I get back home for spring break next week. :hihi:

So enjoy!

Seriously needs some fish!! But I didn't want to add fish since I'm leaving for a week. Don't even know if my WCMs/Otos/Amanos in the other tank will live . . . well, probably they will as long as the CO2 doesn't do something stupid on me . . .

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Nice tank, shows progress! To me, the 3/4 tank shots look weird on the photoshop'd white background. Why not show the context?

(Why not revive your old threads with new pics instead of starting new ones whenever you take pics?)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nice Steven, you continue to impress me with your skills on these small scapes.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
wow it turned into the tank I thought it could. The composition is superb. I like the beach a little off to the left, and I like tha it isn't pristine, it has some rocks and a few gravel bits on it. It looks natural. Also the composition of reds heavier to one side brings great depth and balance. I think your friends and family will be impressed! HAVE A NICE TRIP~

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mac-- because the context is a 20 dollar plastic table from costco under my (lofted) bed, in a very messy dorm room. :hihi: Also, I will keep the journals updated. I just like starting new threads for "final style" photos. The reason is that I've found that often if I update the journals with those style photos, no one notices them. :icon_lol:

kzr-- thanks! :D

Lynn-- I like your new name! No confusion! jk
Thanks for the comments on the scape too! I agree that a better (more natural anyway) effect can often be achieved by using varying sizes of decorative sand. Amano does this also (though admittedly in very few of his layouts).

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What is that red foreground plant BTW?

·
Registered
845 Posts
I really like this tank! You can imagine a little stream falling thru those rocks towards you. (at least that is the feeling I get). Very nice Steven. BTW, enjoy Spring Break! :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Beautiful tank, but you have to get your depth of field deep enough to include the front corner of the tank. Other than that you've nailed it, nice work.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Christin-- that's exactly what I'm going for! Thank you!

Kuhli-- Good eye on that, I'll try and improve that in the next shoot (or else browse through all the photos I took and see if any of them had a better depth of field to include it).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts