The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking into purchasing some of these branches for my tank. The options include Natural Red Branches or Sand blasted branches. Which do you think would be better?

I'm leaning toward sand blasted but looking for opinions and suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured but this stuff is for more decorative use, so I don't know if they have done anything else to it. Guess I need to call and ask or just soak it for a while. How long does it usually take for a soak?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just bought some sandblasted branches for my tank a few weeks ago. They look great! The only drawback is that mine developed a white film on them which clouded the tank for about a week. It seems that the sugars in the branch leach out when first submerged which causes this. Fish and plants have been fine though. I'm sure soaking it for a week or two would be best.

Mike

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Recommend this place:

http://www.manzanita.com/aqwood.htm

Great wood, great prices, great customer service. You can call them up and tell them exactly what you are looking for and they'll put it together for you. They've been fielding calls from aquarium owners for years and they are very willing to talk to you for a while to figure out exactly what wood would work best.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the great info everyone... I will look at each site to see what the best option would be for my needs. Now how much to get haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts