The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone any idea's what this might be? And whether there's anything I can get to help treat it? Water parameters are fine, he's the only fish in the tank with this mark. I did prior to this put some bloodworms into the tank but not sure it would show through this much if he's eaten the lot?

Any help really appreciated.

Eye Fin Fish Seafood Marine biology

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think it looks somewhat like a bruise. But, take my advice with a grain of salt. Do you recall him getting stuck on anything? Are other fish bullying him? Keep monitoring him. If it was the bloodworms, they should be passed in a day or so. If it’s a bruise, it should heal in about a week give or take. Btw, he’s super cute! I love corys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it looks somewhat like a bruise. But, take my advice with a grain of salt. Do you recall him getting stuck on anything? Are other fish bullying him? Keep monitoring him. If it was the bloodworms, they should be passed in a day or so. If it’s a bruise, it should heal in about a week give or take. Btw, he’s super cute! I love corys.
Yes unfortunately we had rescued a Pea Puffer that was getting badly bullied and although we monitored him for 24 hrs where there were no issues it would appear she must have had a go at him during the second night. We’ve since removed the puffer. It’s such a shame because everyone was getting on really well until this point. Thanks for your reply. Sad time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes unfortunately we had rescued a Pea Puffer that was getting badly bullied and although we monitored him for 24 hrs where there were no issues it would appear she must have had a go at him during the second night. We’ve since removed the puffer. It’s such a shame because everyone was getting on really well until this point. Thanks for your reply. Sad time.
I know how disappointing it is to have a fish last out randomly. I had a tank with mosquito fish and a betta that were doing fine for like, 3 months. One day I wake up, and the betta’s fins are almost completely gone. He has recovered since that was a long time ago, but his fins will never completely grow back to what they were. They gray lump is just scar tissue that healed weird. Sorry about your pea puffer.
Window Leaf Beak Textile Natural material

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know how disappointing it is to have a fish last out randomly. I had a tank with mosquito fish and a betta that were doing fine for like, 3 months. One day I wake up, and the betta’s fins are almost completely gone. He has recovered since that was a long time ago, but his fins will never completely grow back to what they were. They gray lump is just scar tissue that healed weird. Sorry about your pea puffer. View attachment 1035476
Nasty, you can only do your best I guess. I was just surprised since they got on so well I thought I’d been lucky it was almost like the puffer was almost mimicking the other fish. I can only assume he bit the Cory whilst he was asleep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts