The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
oh, cool!

are they hard to keep?
Depends on your setup. They have to filter feed, so they do best in a fairly large, mature tank with good water flow where they can sit on the intake and catch debris as it goes by. You can also feed them directly with a long pipette using really small food like infusoria or really fine newborn fish foods.

Assuming you can keep them fed though, they are otherwise very hearty and extremely peaceful despite being relatively large.

·
Registered
70 gallon, 28 gallon, 10 gallon, 10 gallon
80 Posts
Depends on your setup. They have to filter feed, so they do best in a fairly large, mature tank with good water flow where they can sit on the intake and catch debris as it goes by. You can also feed them directly with a long pipette using really small food like infusoria or really fine newborn fish foods.

Assuming you can keep them fed though, they are otherwise very hearty and extremely peaceful despite being relatively large.
Awesome! I read some about them they sound awesome!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here is another image. i tried to upload a 1 minute video of her catching stuff in her fans but it wouldn't upload. i'm a beginner at these but they seem pretty hardy. but my aquarium is well established.
bambi's mate was faline..i think i like bambi better regardless. so i have bambi the bamboo shrimp :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.